[kictanet] {Disarmed} Re: Question on ICT/BPO Park

Solomon Mburu Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 10:33:29 EAT 2009

I agree with Dr. Ndemo on this one.
Whenever the government does something people are always critical of this
and point fingers as to why it would fail.
While in Uganda the private sector is providing a point for the business
park, in Kenya it's the government and this should not be seen as a barrier
to national development.

When I was in school, I was told that the government is involved in business
when, and if the private sector faces challenges such as capital and if the
investment will favour a few, if the services cannot be left in the  hands
of t he private sector because of exploitation.

What I'm seeing is the government's effort to  improve the social well-being
of Kenyans.

For those who profess the Christian faith, in John 1:46, a contemptuous
inquiry on Nazareth is asked: *"And Nathaniel said to Philip,'Can there any
good thing come out of NAzareth?' Philip said, 'Come and see.' "
*This question can be equated to Kenyans asking whether we can have anything
good with, say. Vision 2030 etc and only after seeing the progress made, by
the govt and the private sector, can we answer in positive!
Let us give the government a benefit of doubt for the sake of development!

2009/12/23 <bitange at jambo.co.ke>

> Robert,
> Let us not be too critical of ourselves.  We have indeed done good even
> with the procurement of land.  Land is an emortive issue in Kenya and any
> time the words Land and Politician appear togther, there bound to be
> controversy.  The Land we are buying was owned by 2,500 farmers.  to get
> the minds of all these people together is not easy.  We now have the Title
> and the project has started.  How come we focus mostly on the negative?
>
> Inspite of all our negativity, I love my country Kenya and its opennness
> and the growth of democratic space.  That a poor farmer can complain in
> the media and the Government responds.  This is not true in some of the
> countries you praise.  Whereas we have gone past "this is the order from
> above", some of our brothers in Africa have not and this has its cost in
> the midist of calm and perceived order.
>
> I am shocked when some contributors argue that we should be spending such
> resources on feeding Kenyans.  This is like teaching someone on how to eat
> the fish rather than how to catch it.  The Government needs to spend more
> on infrastructure to facilitate enterprise.  We allso must work to earn
> our living.  We must plan well.  For example we should not have more
> children than we can care for.  Giving birth to eleven children and hoping
> that God or our Government will help is height of stupidity.  If Jesus
> were to meet a Kenyan today, the Kenya will ask "please help me see the
> Kingdom of Heaven" yet Zachriah several years back asked Jesus "how can I
> see the Kingdom of Heaven".  Zacharia new he had some responsibility to
> this effort even thaough he had access to Jesus.  This where our problems
> lie -- taking responsibility for our actions.
>
> Merry Chrismas.
>

> Ndemo.
>

> > It is interesting what you find when searching the Internet, we seriously
> > need to add some information on the web.
> >
> > We are unable to sort out a basic issue like procurement of land for the
> > ICT Park, look at the following article on what our neighbour Uganda are
> > doing.  Its time we stopped thinking that the whole world is waiting for
> > us to clean our act, others are moving on.
> >

> http://www.cio.com/article/375713/Indian_Investor_to_Build_US_200m_ICT_Park_in_Uganda
> >

> > Robert Yawe
> >
> > KAY System Technologies Ltd
> >
> > Phoenix House, 6th Floor
> >
> > P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
> >
> > Kenya
> >

> > Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696robertyawe%40yahoo.co.uk

> http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/bitange%40jambo.co.ke

> dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi
Cell: (+254-0) 735 431041

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all the
same way to the side of a hill!

AND

It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous generosity!

http://dawn-in-kenya.blogspot.com
http://smiley2.wordpress.com
http://mburu.sikika.co.ke