[kictanet] {Disarmed} Re: Question on ICT/BPO Park

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Wed Dec 23 09:31:15 EAT 2009

Liko,
The Government is only championing the construction of the Park that will
cost in excess of $10 billion or one third of our GDP.  In Uganda yes the
Private sector is putting the park up on Land provided by the Government.
We are parctically doing the same only that most Government land was
grapped.  Indeed if we need development, Government must begin to reaquire
the land.  There is no investor coming to spend a fortune buying land.  It
would have been prudent if your question was to understand the model we
are employing in developing the mult-use (ICT, Science, Financial
District, Multimedia) park in Athi River.

Ndemo.

> In Uganda ... a private investor is building ...
>
> In Kenya ... GOK
>
> My view is that this is not the best use for govt funds ... in this sector
> ... at his time :)
>
> and location really sucks
>
> merry xmas
>
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 7:28 AM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> It is interesting what you find when searching the Internet, we
>> seriously
>> need to add some information on the web.
>>
>> We are unable to sort out a basic issue like procurement of land for the
>> ICT Park, look at the following article on what our neighbour Uganda are
>> doing.  Its time we stopped thinking that the whole world is waiting for
>> us
>> to clean our act, others are moving on.
>>

>> http://www.cio.com/article/375713/Indian_Investor_to_Build_US_200m_ICT_Park_in_Uganda
>>

>> Robert Yawe
>> KAY System Technologies Ltd
>> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
>> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
>> Kenya
>>
>> Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696
>> robertyawe%40yahoo.co.uk<http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/robertyawe%40yahoo.co.uk>

dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.