[kictanet] Digital TV Launches

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Sat Dec 12 09:10:38 EAT 2009

Harry,
You are very correct.  In my earlier post I stated that we have
practically moved into a converged environment.  Government will introduce
a number of services on the platform but as we get to understand it, the
private sector will drive it faster.  In January we shall have a session
with the ICT sector to explain the opportunities.

Ndemo.

> Digital TV means interactive TV, which means we can use the TV set for
> other
> applications such as email, e-Gov information services etc. Is this right?
> If it it, we are witnessing a digital revolution. Anyone with knowledge on
> this to share?
>
> http://www.cio.co.ke/index.php/view-all-main-stories/443-pomp-and-colour-as-
> digital-broadcasting-launches-in-kenya-.html
>
> Harry
>
> African eDevelopment Resource Centre
> eDevelopment House  : :  604 Limuru Road
> Old Muthaiga  : : P O Box 49475 00100
> Nairobi : : Kenya
> T +254 20 3741646/7 : :  C +254 725 650044
>
> Training :  : Research:  :Consultancy:  : Publishing

dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.