[kictanet] Registration of SIM Safaricom Zain Yu, Orange

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:14:53 EAT 2009

To the best of my knowledge i registered just after the 2002 general
elections not sure if i need to register again we need some education as
Solomon say's, maybe Safaricom, Zain , YU and Orange could do us a favor and
send us sms's reminding us of the status of our registrations better still
can the details used in registering for Mpesa and ZAP apply in this case, i
believe the SIM cards can be registered automatically.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Solomon Mburu Kamau
<solo.mburu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Following the Presidential Declaration made in October 2009, concerning the
> registration of Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) by the end of
> December 2009, what has been the progress so far?
> I've not heard anybody, from the PS Ndemo, CCK or mobile phone firms
> informing the public on how to go about registering their SIMs!
>
> The end of the period is quickly closing in and, if this is not addressed,
> we might have so many of  the subscribers losing their SIM cards come 1st
> January 2009 (on assumption that the Decree will not be extended).
>
> I would be grateful Dr. Ndemo could shed some light on the progress made on
> this, and for the Telcos to inform the public where and how to register
> their SIM cards.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
> P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi
> Cell: (+254-0) 735 431041
>
> Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all the
> same way to the side of a hill!
>
> AND
>
> It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous
> generosity!
>
> http://dawn-in-kenya.blogspot.com
> http://smiley2.wordpress.com
> http://mburu.sikika.co.ke