[kictanet] .ke domain costs too high

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 12:38:40 EAT 2009

Today I renewed by .ke domain under duress, it costs me 3 times the cost of registering a .anythingelse, and even higher if I register for 5 years or more.

Maybe I am a kumbafu, what does it actually take to actually run KENIC, from the charges it must require a super computer with runs off a nuclear powered grid.  Can someone please enlighten me on this issue.

I listened to the KENIC director indicate that this cost was as a result of the low uptake, so why punish the choir, can we have the charges dropped or sell KENIC to safaricom or KDN who can then give us domain names for "free" and recover from the bandwidth costs?

This issue of an independent registrar is bull and we need a quick solution to this, then all we do is lament about the slow uptake of technology and the reliance on yahoo and google.  We need to stop all this domo, domo and sort out the issues that matter, death to KENIC.

Regards

Robert Yawe

KAY System Technologies Ltd

Phoenix House, 6th Floor