[kictanet] Kenya IGF Meeting & Statistics

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:31:17 EAT 2009

Many thanks to the organisers and facilitators for the great event, however
i wasnt given a satisfactory answer regarding the following
*The state of digital divide in Kenya
What the country is currently using the internet for.
The number of internet users in the country at the moment.*
While i appreciate the fact that there are some statistics on the CCK
website they are not up to date i wonder why this is the case, in the
context of internet governance *"how can you govern what you dont
know?" *(thinking
globally acting locally) i am of the opinion though it is belated that some
of this statistics could have been collected in the forthcoming census.
Nonetheless i was impressed by the active participation by Hon Engineer
Okundi and Hon Eng Rege, this is what leadership is all about, lest we
forget my point i got this from the CCK website and i hope i will be
answered
*
Publications and Statistics *

The Commission collates industry statistics and other information to assist
new market entrants with the basic information required to make commercial
decisions. The data is also utilized by researchers, the media and other
stakeholders.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Solomon Mburu <solo.mburu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm also appreciative of the organizers of the 2009 KIGF. One thing I
> acknowledged is the exchange of views and ideas which shows how the issue of
> internet governance is an important tool in national development.
>
> The organizers did a commendable job altogether!
>
> Regards,
>
> Solomon Mburu
> P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi
> Cell: (+254-0) 735 431041
>
> *Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all
> the same way to the side of a hill!*
>
> AND
>
> *It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous
> generosity!
> *

Barrack O. Otieno
Administrative Manager