[kictanet] Fwd: Safcom Mobile Internet Charging Model

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:48:02 EAT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM, mike oketch <mikeoketch at gmail.com> wrote:

> MJ
> Please have unlimited internet. The current model is very very expensive
> especially for us depending on the net alot
>
> Mike

Mike,

I am a bit cautious (almost hesitant) to support you on that "unlimited"
request on 3G! Safaricom has bundle structures on their 3G service, but what
I have always wondered about is why they are capped at 30GB. There must be a
good reason though, but I must confess I don't know why, though I can
imagine why "unlimited" on 3G might be a bad thing. If that was allowed, I
can run my ISP on it and that may not be good for any 3G provider's
business.

Perhaps we need to find out what goes on the 1st and 2nd worlds (we are in
the 3rd). What sort of billing models do they use out there? Is there
"unlimited" on 3G?

All we need now are reasonable prices and that must be coming soon.... KES
10.00 per MB is quite high (for my shallow pockets).

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,