[kictanet] Call for nomination - AfriNIC Board of Directors Election

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:55:29 EAT 2009

Hi all,

Please note that I am currently the alternate director for Eastern African
region. I have served in this role for 3 years and for two years prior to
that as the Primary director. I feel that together with the preceding 5
years of effort to bring about the establishment of Afrinic since 1998 that
I have made my contribution and served the community.

I would like to thank those of you who in the past have both nominated me
and voted for me to serve in this capacity. This year I do not intend to
present myself for re-election. Please make your nomination choices wisely
and let's ensure Kenya's ongoing participation in the policy and strategy
for this crucial African institution.

Best regards,

Brian

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM, <alice at apc.org> wrote:

> ** [Apologies for any duplicate mails] **
>
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> We would like to inform you that this year, the AfriNIC Board
> of  Directors will have the following vacant seats:
>
> a) Seat 3: The Eastern African sub-region (Primary and alternate)
>    Mandate: 2009 to 2012
>
> b) Seat 4: The Southern African sub-region (Primary and Alternate)
>    Mandate: 2009 to 2012
>
> We are pleased to invite nominations to fill in the above seats.
>
> ** Who can be nominated to seat on the Board?
>
> Anybody resident in one of the above sub-regions.
>
> Self-nomination is also possible.
>
> Nominees should have a good experience/background in the Internet
> Protocol environment and in a similar position (Board member or
> hold a senior position in an Internet related organization), be
> able to participate actively in all activities conferred to the
> Board of Directors by the AfriNIC bylaws (Section 13).
>
> The candidates should have a good comprehension of the English
> language.
>
> Nominations should be sent to nomination2009 at afrinic.net
> <
> https://ssl0.ovh.net/squirrelmail/src/compose.php?send_to=nomination2009%40afrinic.net
> >
> with
> the  following details:
>
> --------
> 1: Candidate Information
>
>    Nominated by (full name):
>    Nominee (Full name):
>    Organization (or affiliation):
>    Position:
>    Physical address:
>    e-mail address:
>    Phone number:
>    Fax number:
>    Country of Residence:
>    Sub-region nominated for:
>
> 2. Brief statement explaining the candidate's background
> and motivation (in English, and not more than 400 words):
>
> Note: Please also attach a copy of your CV. (Note: CV must
> be sent in English.)
>
> --------
>
> The deadline for candidacy/nominations is Wednesday 15 April 2009
> at 20:00 UTC.
>
> Afrinic bylaws: http://www.afrinic.net/corporate/bylaws.htm
>
> See also the 2009's Election Process and Policy attached.
>
> ---------
>
> Ken Lohento, on behalf of the 2009's Board Election Committee

Brian Munyao Longwe
e-mail: blongwe at gmail.com
cell:  + 254 714 222 863
blog : http://zinjlog.blogspot.com