[kictanet] Fwd: United States Peace Corps looking for ICT trainer and others...

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Tue Sep 16 02:55:25 EAT 2008

 Hello All - Could interest someone. Sorry if any crosspost.
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:14:33 +0300, "Othieno, Louis" <LOthieno at ke.peaceco
rps.gov> said:

  Hello all,

  Pardon me for emailing without your consent. I need your
  assistance in getting the information in the attachment to
  people you might know that are qualified and interested in a
  short term assignment to train American ICT professionals
  -mostly context stuff related to application of ICT in
  developing country situations in general, and Kenya in
  particular.

  The job of these Volunteers numbering about 10 will be to
  locate in a rural setting and use their knowledge of ICT to
  bring the benefits of ICT to the population within which they
  are living. This requires them to understand intimately the
  barriers between people and information technology in rural
  developing country contexts - and appreciate how they can use
  their generic knowledge of the technology within our technical
  context to harness ICT for the benefit of the communities to
  which the Peace Corps will assign them.

  If you know someone who is able to engage effectively at these
  three levels i.e
  * Moving the technology to the people
  * Moving the people to the technology
  * Kenya's technical and policy context with regards to ICT

  Kindly encourage them to apply before the 24th of September,
  2008. I appreciate it.

  Peruse also the e-leaflet I attach for a quick understanding
  of what these American Volunteers do. (The leaflet covers
  business Volunteers as well). If you know of any
  social-benefit projects needing programmers, computer graphics
  people, web designers, computer maintenance or plain IT
  teachers etc - to work for them while located away from
  Nairobi - send them to me... I appreciate it

  Cheers all

  Louis Othieno
  Associate Director
  Small Enterprise Development and ICT
  U.S. PEACE CORPS IN KENYA

  "The cost of everything has to be paid for somehow. Our human
  travails, most of the time, avail only in changing who pays,
  when and how"

  <<ICT TTF VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 2008 Sept 09.doc>> <<PROMOTION
  FLYER.doc>>
People make a plan work, a plan alone seldom makes people work (Confucius).