[kictanet] Software procurement in kenya

James Kagwe jkagwe at KIPPRA.OR.KE
Fri Sep 12 11:07:23 EAT 2008

I got the below from our PO and thought it fair to share.

________________________________

From: Peter Munene
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 9:38 AM
To: James Kagwe
Subject: RE: [kictanet] Software procurement in kenya

Thanks for your comments on whether you can procure using brand name or
not. However seem to miss the point! Please refer to "The Public
Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005" Section 34 paragraph 4 (a) and (b).
Using brand name is not breaking the law (am assuming we are talking
about Kenya law) as long as you follow the prescribed regulations in the
Act. Thanks and study the Act!

James,

You may forward my comments to the origin.