[kictanet] Software procurement in kenya

Sylvester Kisonzo skisonzo at securenet.co.ke
Wed Sep 10 00:36:21 EAT 2008

Liko,

I do not fully agree with you on this. The client does not need to mention
names or trademarks - when/if this is done:-

- it amounts to direct marketing or campaign for that trademark, company or
whatever
- the choice of selecting/getting a superior solution is circumvented since
such is only based on past knowledge

However, the client must provide sufficient information regarding the
existing environment to provide every bidder with same decision making
information/tools.

I am against organisations selecting solutions/products based on the
knowledge of the staff they have rather this should be based on the solution
that best fits the organisation. Staff can always be retrained.

Rgds
SK