[kictanet] Growing Local Outsourcing (was: Stakeholder Queries)

Gakuru, Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:36:18 EAT 2008

Changed thread to inject a little positivity raising young Kenya
outsourcing industry:)

The ICT Consumers Association of Kenya has long considered nurturing
local outsourcing as springboard to high quality international
BPO-KPO. Since 2006, we have urged Telcos, and Mobicos to outsource
their customer care in order to increase consumer access to their
right to know about the products and services the market offers(For
example, see innovative consumer lobbyism on my below email  and last
line on Michael Joseph's reply. Is he still on this list?)

Last month New Telkom Kenya announced they had outsourced customer
care and today Safaricom just did. (Congratulations to Safaricom and
Telkcom for heeding to consumers' call:) Zain, et al? These are
positive developments for the consumer, operators, BPOs, and the
country.

Perhaps we ought to expect more ICT Board facilitative role (rather
than "funding") more of such developments? Stakeholders must compete;
matching and aligning their commercial interests with market
realities, national BPO interests.

Regards,

AG