[kictanet] The E Whiteband - ICTs WORKING FOR DEVELOPMENT

Constance Georgina Khaendi Walyaro constance at youthaidscoalition.org
Sun Oct 19 16:09:00 EAT 2008

THE E WHITE BAND

http://www.whiteband.org/Action/join-us  The electronic white band (E-White Band) is a virtual white band where you can leave your message to end poverty and inequality

….as long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest. Nelson Mandela

freedom, democracy, trade justice, equity, accountability, development,  human rights for all, ...... nothing worthwhile comes cheap, or easy

halving poverty by 2015 is entirely doable if enough people are willing to get involved; no doubt we are the generation that can see an end to poverty, we have helped create the most powerful tools ever, but they are worthless unless they can be effectively applied to address the greatest challenges at the core of the real global development agenda.

supporting the global fight against poverty and inequality is about invoking the human spirit, seeking more hands and generating fresh perspectives to fashion a lever long enough to move society to a much better place; comprehensively improving the human condition.

“Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough and I will move the world” Archimedes, 220 BC

the human family is suffering and greater leveraging can help,

STAND UP NOW, TAKE ACTION TODAY!

Constance Georgina Khaendi Walyaro
Director, Chair FWG
International Young Professionals Foundation
constancewalyaro at iypf.org
www.iypf.org