[kictanet] Kenyan banks and stock market

wesley kiriinya kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 12:02:52 EAT 2008

I definately agree with the last statement. Profit maximization as a goal usually has terrible repercussions which are unfortunately visible over the long term.

Well people have to learn somehow and it's through a crisis like this that we learn. From what I've read and heard about how this crisis came about it's not difficult to see that it was coming. Giving ppl mortages and not doing the proper checks to make sure the person can pay is strange, then banks borrowing against those mortages just compounds the strangeness 8~). So now banks tighten their lending/credit, businesses and ppl find it hard to get loans, ppl (*cough*Americans) have less money to spend, and wolla! the world which depends on the American consumer is at a stand still waiting to see who will blink first (or which economy will crash first).

8~)