[kictanet] PS Ndemo, ECONET Scandal aand Vested Interests

Crystal Watley crystal at voicesofafrica.org
Tue Oct 7 19:34:47 EAT 2008

Again. I like honesty. I know how a real Kenyan lives, obviously there is
much you don't know about me, and I would never use a personal smear in such
a discussion. Well, then maybe you are RIGHT. If that is the mark of a
Kenyan.

I have suffered poverty and hunger in the village alongside women. I have
carried water on my head for kilometers. Every day for over a year I hiked
everywhere with my three year old daughter tied to my back in a kanga.

Sir, what is the mark of a Kenyan?

I have given everything I owned to Kenya twice. Once when I moved here and
once when I had to evacuate the post-election violence. How many would be
willing to give up everything they owned and live in poverty in a rural
village to understand Kenya?

I respect you as a professional, but you have no right to judge my
"Kenyanness" through a list forum.

Thank you.

Crystal

Crystal "Naliaka" Watley