[kictanet] [Skunkworks] 3G prepaid service and tariff - fyi - but get the info confirmed for yourself

aki aki275 at googlemail.com
Fri May 30 17:03:35 EAT 2008

Bwana Alex, this is my opinion :

I think a correction is due on the 3G tariffs. The pricing does not work out
as you have mentioned below. The calculations on the post paid service :

Kshs 2.85/-  to 3/- per Mbyte therefore 250MB = Khs 750/- ( inclusive of the
taxes ? ).

Their tariffs are as follows for postpaid ( from the print media )

Upto 700MB = 1,999/-
Upto 2000MB = 3,999/-
Upto 5000MB = 6,999/-
Upto 8000MB = 10,000/-
Upto 30,000MB = 30,000/-

If one were to use it on pre-paid, it makes no sense at 12.60/- per Mbyte.
Any corrections are welcome.

Rgds,

Aki.