[kictanet] Review PPP Models - Roles, Motives and Challenges- Day 9 of 10

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 08:54:37 EAT 2008

Morning all,

Today & Tomorrow we shall wind up the discussion by
reviewing the various Public Private Partnership Models for
ICT4D initiatives.  I am not privy to the details of the
Models governing several PPP initiatives and would like to
be enlightened where possible.

Such initiatives include the TEAMs initiative with various
Telco Operators, the Ministry of Education Kenya ICT Trust
Fund with Microsoft, the World Bank TCIP (Transparency &
Communication Infrastructure Project) with the Kenya ICT
Board amongst others.

My general opinion is that managing such alliances is bound
to be problematic given the diverse and often conflicting
motives of the players - particularly when one side (Govt)
is heavily procedural, Private Sector is moderately
procedural while the Civil Society is largely un-procedural
(methinks). How then, does one harness such dialectic
groups to read from the same ICT4D script and what are the
Challenges experienced?

2days on this one.

walu.
--- Harry Hare <harry at africanedevelopment.org> wrote: