[kictanet] Existing Policy Frameworks for ICT4D- Day 2 of 10

Tim Unwin tim.unwin at rhul.ac.uk
Tue May 20 09:56:23 EAT 2008

Hi Walu

What exactly do you mean by policy frameworks?  Are you referring to agreed
guidance notes at global/national/local scales?  There exist many different
models of good practice, but there is little international agreement on how
to do it!  Furthermore, most ICT national polices do address issues of
partnerships in some form or another

Tim

On 20/5/08 06:57, "John Walubengo" <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Morning all,
>
> Yesterday was mainly dwelling on the basics and we had good
> thoughts from Louis and Mike. Today we want to pick your
> minds on the above theme.  Are there any policy frameworks
> that govern the behaviour of Civil Society, Private Sector
> and/or Public sector with regard to ICTs for Development?
> Or is it that each of the above Stakeholder define their
> own methodologies?
>
> Plse share.
>
> walu.

Tim Unwin
UNESCO Chair in ICT4D and
Professor of Geography
Royal Holloway, University of London
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, UK

Tel: +44 (0)1784-443655
Fax: +44 (0)1784-472836
French mobile: +33 6 23 73 30 48
Swiss mobile: +41 794 617 527
Skype: timothyunwin
http://www.ict4d.org.uk
http://moodle-ict4d.rhul.ac.uk

tim.unwin at rhul.ac.uk

ü Save paper and ink!  Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need
to.