[kictanet] LPA Workshop on 23rd May

Evans Ikua ikua at lpakenya.org
Wed May 7 20:46:54 EAT 2008

Dear All,
The Linux Professional Association of Kenya wishes to invite all
companies and professionals who use and support Linux and Open Source
based solutions to a one day workshop on Friday, 23rd May 2008,
starting at 8.30 am.

The workshop will be held at the Hotel 680. Top on the agenda will be
to discuss the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 and how it
affects the supply of Open Source software to the Government, the
biggest spender in the country. The rest of the agenda will be
circulated to the interested partcipants.

Lately, the LPA has been involved in various successful advocacy
campaigns targeted at Government procurement and tendering procedures.
Our aim is to have a level playing field that allows the participation
of our members in public procurement.

The meeting will be open to members and non-members. Those interested
in participating in this workshop can get in touch with me off the
list. Space is limited and everything will be catered for by the LPA.

Best regards all.

--
Evans Ikua
Chairman