[kictanet] ATTN: ICT BOARD MEMBER/S IN THIS LIST( SayNo to OOXML)

Judy Okite judyokite at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:20:07 EAT 2008

Thnx Sir,

Muthoni has put it in the simpliest English, just to add on to answer  Q2

On 3/24/08, John Walubengo <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Judy,
>
> your links are too detailed for the top shots on this list.
> Maybe you or Muthoni can break this down in simple english
> in terms of:
>
> 1. What is this animal called OOXML standard?

 2. What will it mean if Microsoft gets the International
> Community (ISO) to adopt it?

these are but some of the issues we will be faced with:

a) If OOXML is adopted, it leads to a problem of duplicate formats for
document exchange.
b) The cost to the industry of having to support multiple standards would be
a gross misuse of taxpayer's money.
c) It will be fully implemented by M$ only and we all know what this means.
Kind Regards,

Then maybe thereafter you can ask for the Kenyan position.