[kictanet] Muthoni wins prestigious international award award thathonours technical women

Evelyn Rono evelyn.rono at kdn.co.ke
Wed Jun 25 16:57:50 EAT 2008

Congratulations Dorcas!!

  _____

From: kictanet-bounces+evelyn.rono=kdn.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke
[mailto:kictanet-bounces+evelyn.rono=kdn.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On
Behalf Of Wanjira, Alice Munyua
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:51 PM
To: evelyn.rono at kdn.co.ke
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
Subject: [kictanet] Muthoni wins prestigious international award award
thathonours technical women

Congratulations Dorcas...we are proud of you!

More details below.

best
alice

-----------------
The Anita Borg Change Agent Awards honor technical women that live and work
outside the United States. They are change agents in their community -
working to
attract and support women in technology in their region. Recipients are
recognized
for their technical leadership and advocacy work.

http://www.anitaborg.org/initiatives/awards/

--------------
Dear Dorcas,

Congratulations!  In recognition of your commitment to bringing
attention to the issues of women in computing in Kenya, we am pleased to
inform you that you have been awarded an Anita Borg Change Agent Award. We
recognize your work as a change agent, and we would like you to attend the
Grace Hopper Celebration for Women in Computing Conference. As a highly
respected scientist who is dedicated to addressing the challenges of
advancing a complex society as Kenya, and holding the position of Founder
and Managing Director of OPENWORLD Ltd., you truly are a pioneer.  It is
our hope that your participation in the Grace Hopper Celebration will help
bridge women technologists in the United States and abroad.

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.