[kictanet] Nairobi BarCamp a resounding success

Brian Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 21:52:01 EAT 2008

It happened last Saturday at the Jacaranda. I arrived late (7pm) and so
missed all the good stuff, but was able to catch up with some of the
organisers and a few of the bloggers and techies who had stayed behind.

Reading up on the updates on the skunkworks blog -
http://skunkworks-ke.blogspot.com/2008/06/digesting-barcamp-nairobi-2008-june-21.html-
we have some huge potential and creativity in our midst.

Of particular interest to me is the suggestion/proposal to bring a similar
grouping together and gather views that will form the basis for a position
paper targetting government. It would be even better if we can get some of
Kenya's budding Venture Capital / Private Equity community in on the action
so that they can begin to learn and understand more about the ICT/tech
space....

--
Brian Munyao Longwe
e-mail: blongwe at gmail.com