[kictanet] Fw: Re: [NewVisionKenya] Voiceless 'KnowledgeWorkers'

Lucy Kimani lkimani at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 15:13:17 EAT 2008

Bw Peres,

There are great ideas, and the Government does need to outsource what is not their core business, I happen to live work in Maryland where the US Government provides just the support that you are talking about, their NSSF has outsourced their complete DATA services, and the numbers benefiting directly from this are staggering and they are not done yet!  I hear that next year our area due to closed/consolidated bases will be getting 60,000 more jobs!

If BPOs are to succeed then the Government needs to play their part and this is inaddition to addressing issues such as addressed by Dr Marwanga, after all providing an enabling environment is one of the Government's core mission.

Paul if you are reading this., I think marketing is one of the core responsibilities that your ICT board has, and take it from me that Kenya will not sell and market itself, you all have a lot of work to do if you are to compete with India and South Africa in making Kenya the BPO center of the world, so drive on!

Lucy