[kictanet] Kenya Regulatory authority DG?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:12:52 EAT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:45 PM, wambui jane <wambui at live.co.uk> wrote:
> Walubengo and all,
>
>  No I did not apply just a concern that such an important body  left without
> a DG for too long could end up affecting quite a number of other areas in
> the sector....
> And  about "white smoke" in Catholic tradition,  cardinals elect their
> supreme Pontiff by writing a name on individual ballot papers, results are
> then tallied and the ballot  papers joined together by needle and thread and
> finally burned to produce "white smoke" if pope has been elected and "black
> smoke" if not to alert the waiting (with bated breath) public of the
> election and in addition the bells of St Peter's Basilica are rung to signal
> the election of the new Pope and to  avoid any doubt about whether the smoke
> is white or black. So Bwana Ndemo and Minister Porgishio, is it white, black
> or other smoke/s for the CCK Director General, either way the public is
> waiting with bated breath!

There is a time Kenya was without a VP for how long?
And nothing really happened, or I never felt it:-)
I'd say there is no vacuum, or it simply won't be felt much. Kenyans
are used to such situations. As a matter of fact, this is the only
"media" where anyone has dared raise that issue. I haven't seen it
being raised elsewhere.
I do believe there are political considerations being made towards the
appointment, or do you suppose they will advertise the vacancy and let
the best candidate win?
That would be another KE, but the KE we want!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,