[kictanet] Independence of CCK?

Eric Aligula jairah at KIPPRA.OR.KE
Tue Jul 29 17:40:00 EAT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

This debate on the independence or otherwise of the CCK is getting
personalised in a way that helps none of the stakeholders or the
industry.  It would be useful if objective evidence to support or negate
statements for or against the independence of the CCK was adduced. In
any event, we should focus on holding the CCK to account for its
mandate, just as every stakeholder should be held  to account for those
aspects for which they are responsible.

Let us give peace a chance.

Kind regards

Eric Aligula Magolo, PhD

Senior Analyst

Infrastructure and Economic Services Division

Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)

P.O. Box 56445, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:       +254-20-2719933/4
Fax:                +254-20-2719951
E-mail:            jairah at kippra.or.ke <mailto:jairah at kippra.or.ke>

Proudly Kenyan

"In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been
granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I
do not shrink from this responsibility..........I welcome it."

John F. Kennedy

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do
nothing."

Edmund Burke

"Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though
checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray
twilight that knows not victory, nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

"Ex Africa semper aliquid novi"