[kictanet] New DG

Joseph Manthi jmanthi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:29:13 EAT 2008

Washington:
The appointment of a DG, as I said, is political. This we have to live with.
Instead of Shem giving the guy a chance to fail, he automatically starts
complaining about what criteria was used to appoint him after failing to be
considered. What does that tell you about Shem?

All I am saying is that anyone in his right mind would not hire someone who
has been accused of gross mismanagement of a very high profile parastatal.
And therefore complaining of the DG's appointment using such flimsy reasons
as that he is not an "informatician" - whatever that means - lends itself to
questions about impropriety.

The DG is a manager, he is not a technician. Now if he was appointed to
discuss original thoughts about technical issues then we would have a
problem. In every country I know Spectrum allocation is an economic issue
and not a technical one. In this case the DG - if that is the criteria under
contention - is more qualified in my book than Shem. Further there is no
cloud hunging over his head.

Joe

--
Joseph Manthi