[kictanet] New DG

Joseph Manthi jmanthi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 23:15:53 EAT 2008

Shem:
Consider me an idiot - like someone recently said - but what is
"informatician". I have been in this industry for a very long time - when
you were still a student in the US before ARCC - and this is the first time
I have heard of this word.

Lets elevate this discussion beyond personalities and let me say this: the
job of the DG of CCK, as well as all the major parastatal and government
appointments are political and by such simple discription is controversial.
Even if the GOK had appointed you or other higher "qualified"
"informatician" there would have been other people like you who would have
complained about "your" appointment. Therefore dwelling on who holds that
position - as long as they are Kenyans - is not doing us any good.

What all of us need to do is get out of government dole - stop depending on
the GOK to provide you a job - and go out and create work for you and other
Kenyans who have likewise been disposessed. Otherwise we will be second
guessing what the govt is doing till the cows come home. First time to agree
with Donald Rumsfeld - but in this case we have to work with the DG the GOK
has given us.

Give the new CCK DG a chance to fail and then I will join you in screaming
my head off to have him removed. But for now it does really sound like "sour
grapes" - ahha that is the correct terminology this time.

Your argument notwithstanding you "can not cast the first stone". Many of us
will say "rotten mangoes"

Joe

--
Joseph Manthi