[kictanet] Legislation and Discipline & Ethics

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:38:51 EAT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:35 AM, kevit desai <kevit at centurionsystemsltd.com>
wrote:

> Bill I want to assure you that KIF holds elections. Next one is towards the
> end of the year. I will inform Marcel to post the information on Kictanet.

1. I am satisfied with your governance structures especially vouched for by
Makau who attended an AGM as a proxy. I think clear governance criteria,
constitution and membership roster should be mandatory requirements before
any stakeholder, Government, Donor, Business or Civil Society engages with
an organisation purporting to be representing interests of an industry.
Actually we should 'whistle-blow' when we hear of such briefcase
organisations.

2. Brian, Waudo, Alex - I would love to hear when you hold elections. For
CSK I  do remember very many years ago when the mantle changed from Shem to
Waudo...but nothing new since then.
Brian - I have been in Kictanet list for 5 years and unless I am missing
something...please do remind me when we last held elections for office
bearers. I just hear of funded consultancies being done by the same people
over and over again and list discussions but I never see an expression of
interest for members to participate.

PS. Please take this at stride...I do not intend a flame but we must break
the glass ceiling and scrutinise governance for society to embrace the
organisations that represent us. As one of our leaders says...'Your daughter
must not remain a virgin...if you want grand children.'