[kictanet] Discipline & Ethics - Re: Legislation and Regulation fore-Commerce in Keny

wesley kiriinya kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 13:08:17 EAT 2008

To make it clearer. I am not embarassed by people questioning how much of Kenya is run by foreigners. I'm embarrased by how it's being done. For example I don't think it's appropriate to mention/imply in a public forum that someone is a foreigner therefore they can't do this or that. In my humble opinion if I post in this forum I'm communicating with anonymous people from other parts of the world not just Kenya and that's why I wrote
"...as much as free speech is appreciated, so is discretion..."

Quoting Saidi:

"...it's a question of building, maintaing and protecting local capacity..."

Refer to a lot of my posts. E.g. the recent one on Expensive Software systems. I understand this issue. It's a shame to Kenya, but is the governemnt/parliament to blame or is it foreigners or is it both?

"...One of the key requirements, forced on poor countries by the IMF and the World Bank, centered on privatization and deregulation, even if the poor countries had no capacity to compete with foreign firms flush with cash..."

I have heard a lot about similar statements and I have started to have my doubts about such organizations. So don't assume that I support their actions.

Regards.