[kictanet] [Fwd: Kenya Diaspora Roadshow - Sep 2008 - Call for Participation]

alice alice at apc.org
Sat Jul 5 23:22:49 EAT 2008

Following our successful tour of Silicon Valley in September 2007,
ICTvillage.com is organizing the Kenya Diaspora Roadshow in September
2008 to engage with Kenyans living and working abroad. We shall visit
the following cities to meet with Kenyans in the Diaspora:

*             London - Sunday 31 Aug to Tuesday 2 Sep;

*             New York - Thursday 4 Sep to Saturday 6 Sep;

*             Chicago - Tuesday 9 Sep to Thursday 11 Sep;

*             Los Angeles - Sunday 14 Sep to Tuesday 16 Sep;

*             Atlanta - Thursday 18 Sep to Saturday 20 Sep.

The Kenyan diaspora remits over US$ 2 billion to Kenya every year
through formal and informal channels making remittances the largest
source of external capital. Through these remittances, our diaspora
contribute to national development in the following ways:

*             supporting relatives and friends all over the country;

*             purchasing Kenyan products and services;

*             building residential and commercial property;

*             investing in capital markets and enterprises;

*             philanthropy and other social contributions;

*             promoting tourism and Kenyan culture.

We invite organizations in Government, public, private and civil society
sectors to participate in the Kenya Diaspora Roadshow to (1) establish
relationships with Kenyans abroad; (2) showcase products and services;
(3) boost online interactions and transactions.

If your organization is interested in participating in this Roadshow,
please contact the undersigned for more information. Don't miss out on
this great opportunity to radically transform Kenya's economy, society
and politics. We look forward to your favorable response!

Best Regards,

Njoki Mumira,

Tour Coordinator.

www.ictvillage.com <http://www.ictvillage.com/>