[kictanet] INTERNET LAW CONFERENCE

Leonard Mware mleonardo at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 15:36:34 EAT 2008

  ------ Forwarded Message
From: CILS <conferences at cils2.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:29:24 +0200
Subject: INTERNET LAW CONFERENCE

We seek speakers and panel moderators for the 3rd Symposium on The
Internet: Governance and the Law. 26-27 October 2008, at Montreal,
 Quebec,
Canada.

The delegate fee is US $1,200. As a member of the faculty, you will
 receive
a 40 per cent discount. The faculty fee thus is US $720, including one
night's lodging at the Omni Mont Royale Hotel, networking lunch,
 opening
dinner, cocktail reception, travel insurance, morning and afternoon
 coffee,
CLE/CPD accreditation, written materials, and log-on rights to
 conference
online materials. Sessions will be held at McGill University.

Day registration fee for Monday for attendees from the Greater
 Montréal
Area is US $155.

Topics include Internet governance; cyber regulation; convergence of
telecommunications, computers, and broadcast; competition;
 deregulation;
free speech, defamation, and hate speech, privacy and security;
 consumer
protection; cryptography; domain names; open-source issues; patents,
copyright, and trade marks; cybercrime and terrorism; e-commerce; legal
liability and e-transactions, property and piracy; and telemarketing
 fraud.

Please advise me if you have interest in serving as a speaker or panel
moderator.

Regards, Dennis Campbell
Center for International Legal Studies
PO Box 19
A5033 Salzburg, Austria
Austria Fax 43 662 835171
US Fax 1 509 3560077

Should you no longer wish to receive program announcements, please
 reply to
remove at cils2.org.