[kictanet] Fwd: Bulk of KenyanWealth Owned by Foreigners

alice alice at apc.org
Fri Jul 4 23:15:00 EAT 2008

And more attacks levelled not only against Kimunya but now Dr. Ndemo?...
it seems like the former government (or is it members of the government
and institutions) are being targeted for vituperative pronouncements.
And I agree it is absurd and unfortunate and in the long run, the
victims may be burnt alive but in the end as in so many other
orchestrated witch hunts the world over ( remember US Joe McCarthy's
anti communism hysteria dubbed  McCarthyism) the witches  and motives
are also always finally exposed.

We seem to be going back to the culture of suspicion, fear, and revenge
with all the  questionable methods and rather reckless talk, and as a
result we are making personalities the issue rather than the cause. We
seem to have put hope, courage, and dialogue in the back burner.

Thank you Walu for reminding us why we started this Multi stakeholder
list 3 years ago. Let us use it for the purpose it was
created.....towards universal affordable access to ICTs.

best
alice

p.s

views above are personal. Not to be associated with any of the
institutions I am affiliated with.