[kictanet] Google launches official blog for Africa

wesley kiriinya kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 23:14:24 EAT 2008

Good move.

Allow me to make a suggestion on your current blog post (Google Gadget Competition), which I think is also relevant to this list.

It will be great if there were challenges where participants enter as a group. From what I've seen one thing that really challenges many software developers in Kenya is the ability to work in a group. From what I've heard it's not encouraged in the college/university level but when it comes to the real world the group mechanics have to be excellent especially in software where small mistakes (caused by e.g. lack of communication or documentation) can become exponentially expensive to fix latter. Also in judging such contests/challenges this group chemistry can be an important factor in determining the winners.

The IEEE exhibition was also individual focused, but all the same it's great the Google stepped up to it.

Regards.