[kictanet] Day 1 of 5 - Challenges Posed by Post-Election Violence on ICT Organisations

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 08:33:43 EAT 2008

Greetings all,

As mentioned last friday, we need to engage positively
around the current crisis stalking our country.  One
suggested method was that we share experiences, impacts and
how we are coping with the challenges occassioned.  The
overal aim is to enable members to learn from each other
while emphasising the impact the crises continues to have
on ICT organisations.

Today is Day 1 and from the program below. We have 2days to
share the challenges posed by the Post Election Violence on
ICT organisations.

I know quite abit is already shared in the press but no
harm done if a brief re-run on our list for the benefit of
those who may have missed out. So feel free to speak as
(Telco) Operators, Consumers,ICT Service
Providers(BPO,ISPs,etc) Media, Academia or all of the above
;-)

walu.
~~~~~~~~Full Program~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Objectives~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
•	Share the Challenges posed by the Post-election Violence
on ICT organisations
•	Share current interventions employed to overcome these
Challenges
•	Quantify the Impact of Post-election violence on ICT
organisations
•	Way forward and conclusions

Deliverables.
eWorkshop Report containing the deliberations, consensus
and action points arising from the online discussions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Methodology~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Online discussion will be structured along 4 themes, to
be discussed across the 5days as follows.
•	Share the Challenges posed by the Post-election Violence
on ICT organisations (2days)
-Economical, Social, Technical Challenges.
•	Share current interventions employed to overcome these
Challenges (1day)
-What short-term tactics are you using to work around the
challenges
-What are your long-term options with regard to the
challenges
•	Quantify the Impact of Post-election violence on ICT
organisations (1day)
-What is the toll per day in terms of lost business
opportunity, man-hours, equipment, etc l
•	Way Forward and Conclusions -1day.
-what are the lessons learnt?
-what can the ICT community do to accelerate
'back-to-normal' situation