[kictanet] Karuaphobia

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 15:55:04 EAT 2008

Hi,

I ask, if the operators of the Internet gateways decided to install a filter to delete all mail originating from .ke addresses would my raising this issue qualify as an IT issue?

BBC is selectively removing content relating to interviews of government friendly people from their web site, you decide whether my query does qualify as an IT issue, if not then I apologise to all but if it is please be man enough and apologize.

In a way this should be a wakeup call to us to look into storing content locally otherwise we are at the mercy of the rest of the world who will decide what information we can make available online.

Let the ICT policy makers look seriously at this issue, the sooner we setup data centers to make our messages available to the international community the safer for us all.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor