[kictanet] about Google &Safaricom:-xyz at safaricom.co

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:55:48 EAT 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 5:17 PM, John Walubengo <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I came accross the joint effort to b/w google & safaricom
> with regard to providing e-addresses.  Good idea, but my
> question was:
>
> Is the domain 'safaricom.com' locally hosted? I would have
> been happier (technically and mentally) if the suffix was
> xyz at safaricom.CO.KE or is it that suddenly the .KE suffix
> has brought us too much shame and pain that no one wants to
> use it :-(?

Hi Walu,

safaricom.CO.KE is used by safaricom for their staff addresses. It's
simply not possible to include the ordinary mwananchi like you into
that! :-)

> walu.
> nb: as a way of leading by example, I have been planning to
> shed off my jwalu at yahoo.com in favor of jwalu at jambo.co.ke
> but I seem to be trapped in some perpetual migration
> fever...Methinks we need to build .KE, both literally and
> electronically.

jambo.co.ke - is that Free?

Anyway, walu.co.ke will make more sense to me than anything else.

PS: As an aside, and at the risk of a flame war, are you personally
happy with Safaricom as a provider?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,