[kictanet] [Fwd: Re: [Fibre-for-africa] SEACOM gets funding boost]

Mike Theuri mike.theuri at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:52:57 EAT 2008

Herakles Telecom does not appear to be a New York registered entity though
it should be if
that is where it is supposed to be based. May be someone could do some more
research on
them? The only other entity that comes up is Herakles Capital, which is seen
as appearing
in whois information based on the domain name seen here:

http://www.tycotelecom.com/AboutUs/content.asp?page=view&type=Press&id=296

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=heraklescapital.com

That information leads back to Herakles Capital which in the New York State
corporations
database and which the same physical address for the technical contact as:

Herakles Capital Japan Corp
http://appsext8.dos.state.ny.us/corp_public/CORPSEARCH.ENTITY_INFORMATION?p_nameid=3374858&p_corpid=3373987&p_entity_name=%48%65%72%61%6B%6C%65%73&p_name_type=%41&p_search_type=%42%45%47%49%4E%53&p_srch_results_page=0

They could still very well be legitimate, but their use of varying entity
names is bound to
raise questions particularly if they were involved in the failed project.