[kictanet] Election fiasco reveals Technological dinosaurs

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:11:31 EAT 2008

My take is that media as a whole,
English/Kiswahili/Vernacular-TV/Radio/Internet has significantly played a
questionable role in many cases.

I wish the peace campaign being carried out could also be done for many
other important matters for his country such as health, land issues,
education, culture etc and of course not just on circumstantial basis. We
have definitely had

Media freedom has not been a clear concept this far especially with regard
to how it is implemented. I know that freedom goes with responsibility. We
need to see this out of the self-regulation and also enforcement of set
laws.

May be those who pay advertising can assist, they are the ones who keep
media in business.

If 80% of news is kept political, then advertising rates should probably
come down......

Muthoni

My Blog: http://rugongo.blogspot.com/
Mahatma Gandhi once said:-