[kictanet] Fwd: [AfrISPA.Discuss] Course at Arizona State University on "The Internet in Africa"

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Tue Feb 26 09:20:34 EAT 2008

Begin forwarded message:

> From: William Foster <wfoster8560 at yahoo.com>
> Date: 25 February 2008 22:26:15 GMT+03:00
> To: AfISPA <discuss at afrispa.org>
> Cc: Patience Akpan-Obong <pakpan2004 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [AfrISPA.Discuss] Course at Arizona State University on
> "The Internet in Africa"
>
> For those of you interested in doing international sociology
> research, I would like to ask you to consider taking my "Internet
> in Africa" course that will be offered in the summer of 2008.  Eric
> Osiakwan and I will co-teach the class.
>
> The main deliverable will be a country study of Internet/cell phone
> diffusion in a specific African country of your choice.
>
> My experience is that there are enough resources on the Internet
> which when supplemented with Internet based interviews can be used
> to do high quality original work that is of a publishable quality.
>
> The online course will be offered twice in both the first and
> second summer sessions:
>
> Internet in Africa, Soc 194-1005  Line number 46695
> Summer 1, June 2-July 4
>
> Internet in Africa, Soc 194-1007  Line number 46626
> Summer 2, July 7-Aug. 8
>
> I would appreciate it if you would pass this along
> to  who might be interested.  I can be reached at
> wfoster8560 at yahoo.com
> or by phone at 1-520-440-0807.
>
> *********
> Getting course credit at Arizona State University
> ·       All registration can be done online:
>
>                           Registrar’s Website --- http://
> students.asu.edu/registration
>
> ·       Apply online and pay online for application to ASU
>
> ·       Apply as Unclassified Admission
>
>                                    - For Summer School Class, they
> can be admitted for one class.
>
> ·       Admission to ASU
>
> ·       Pay Out of State Tuition
>
>         Fees are at:
>         http://www.asu.edu/summer/summer_tf/
>
> ·       Register for class
>
> ·       After grades are posted , request ASU transcripts be sent
> to your University.
>

> William Foster, PhD
> Faculty Associate
> Social and Behavioral Sciences
> Arizona State University Polytechnic
> http://www.FosterandBrahm.com
> 520-440-0807
> wfoster8560 (Skype)

> Search.

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary
AfrISPA (www.afrispa.org)
Tel: + 233.21.258800 ext 2031
Fax: + 233.21.258811
Cell: + 233.244.386792
Handle: eosiakwan
Snail Mail: Pmb 208, Accra-North
Office: BusyInternet - 42 Ring Road Central, Accra-North
Blog: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/eric/
Slang: "Tomorrow Now"