[kictanet] Online Outsourcing

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 18:33:24 EAT 2008

Hi,

I think we are in serious trouble as IT fellows unless we get our act together.

I have been looking for someone to develop what I would call a simple SMS solution.  All the local programmers I have approached have been asking for an arm and a leg and even when I agreed to their terms they have been unable to deliver.

A few days ago I was lamenting to a colleague about my dilemma, his solution, go to www.elance.com or www.odesk.com.

If this is the fuuture of programming engagements then we seriously need to rethink our careers.

The consoling factor is that its not only IT people who will be affected its all so called white collar jobs.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200