[kictanet] India Losing it's Attraction as Offshore R & D option?

Joseph Manthi jmanthi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:51:53 EAT 2008

I feel compelled to add my 2 cents on this. I work for a company in
the US that has a pretty investment in India and are now moving to
China and Poland. I once asked why they were not considering Africa
especially Kenya and on top of the usual reasons - political
instability, levels of education, poverty etc this is the biggest
problem they cited for Kenya:

No adequate power - IT and BPO business can not stand gray outs.

My two cents

Joe

Joseph Manthi
CEO, MEO Ltd