[kictanet] [Fwd: Re: OHH POLE???-Didn't look like.]

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 11:22:38 EAT 2008

I agree with Dr. Ndemo on this. It appears Robert Alai
is stranded in hate space. Apparently Walu tried very
hard to give him directions out of it but he insists
on continued residency. When someone is lost and does
not head to your directions, the only option left is
to give them the map and whether they chooses to read
upside down, if they care to, is up to them.

Perhaps with Alai we henceforth collectively not
dignify or qualify his hate mongering by honouring it
with responses- else people might not notice the
difference..

Now that these emails are part of Alai CV and part of
his public image forever, Walu raises an interesting
Internet Governance Forum-2007 question -Should the
internet be made to forget?

>>BILL MANNING:   Bill manning, old guy, I've been
doing this for a little  while. Question, or an
analogy here has to do with character assassination.
And anonymity. The amount of data stored on the
Internet or in the content providers is enormous and
it grows exponentially. The Internet needs to learn
how to forget.  And that is a large issue that hasn't
been talked about.  Being able to forget bad data is
important for the larger cultural experience.  And
 we don't know how to do that.

 >>NIK GOWING:   That's a great workshop and plenary
title.  One more there, please. "How to forget."

<http://www.intgovforum.org/Rio_Meeting/IGF2-EmergingIssues-15NOV07.txt>

--- bitange at jambo.co.ke wrote:

> Dear All,
> This is unwarranted (below)attack and does not help
> us to develop a nation
> called Kenya.

=== message truncated ===
---------------------------------
> [...]

for
> personal
> > >      advertising of services or the
advertisement of
> services available
> > >      from someone else. Please do *not* send
updates
> of your addresses
> > >      or other personal contact details to the
> listserv. Greetings to
> > >      your friends, etc only flood mailboxes and
> should *not *be done
> > >      through the listserv. Gender inappropriate
or
> other references
> > >      that may be offensive to some groups or
> individuals should not be
> > >      posted, of course.
> > >    * *Mailing list manners you must mind*: Don't
send
> rude, political,
> > >      tribal and offensive e-mails or postings. *
dunderheads
> with no feelings.*
> > >      Watch your words - We can't see your face,
and
> the emotions in
> > >      words can get misinterpreted.* Kick the bad
> language - People are
> > >      listening.* Laws are laws - What's real in
the
> real world are the
> > >      same in cyberspace. Be ethical in your
posting,
> don't lie,
> > >      plagiarize, or deliberately do harm to
another
> KICTANet forum user.
> > >

> > > if you repeat these offences we shall ban you
from
> this list.
> > >
> > > regards
> > >
> > > alice munyua

is

<fb2c60220802130416x356f9e9ap82debaf42c1e8407 at mail.gmail.com>

<21ca13ee0802130755if502766jfafb1e0376853656 at mail.gmail.com>

<fb2c60220802140803l3b7d322meef08c0bcd42964c at mail.gmail.com>

> > > Wainaina
> > > This is funny. On one hand you are describing
how
> KTN/Standard did
> > > incite the public and ignore the fact that All
Royal
> Media outlets
> > > including RamogiFM, Kameme, and KBC have gone to
> become Kikuyu
> > > chauvinist and not ready to protect the interest
of
> Kenya. On another
> > > hand you claim ho the current Kenyan problem is
> political. *THE PROBLEM
> > > IS NOT POLITICAL BUT ETHNIC. *I have just come
from a
> tour which took me
> > > from Tigoni, Juja, Nyeri, Naivasha, Eldoret,
Kisumu,
> Yala and Busia. I
> > > travelled with the IDPs and listened and cried
of
> what I heard. Kenyans
> > > are being denied their rights because they are
not
> Kikuyu. I have the
> > > word of MPs and confirmed with IOM that the
> government explicitly
> > > informed the Redcross and IOM not to serve some
> communities. I have
> > > horror tales of women whose husbands were hacked
with
> pangas inside
> > > Tigoni police station and the police couldnt
save
> because they are not
> > > Kikuyu. I have talked to Abbas of IOM of how
> different Redcross is
> > > treating IDPs. kikuyu IDPs are treated with all
care
> and others ignored.
> > > I personally snatched blankets from Pamela who
is the
> regional redcross
> > > manager in Kisumu when she refused to give them
> mothers and chidren I
> > > transported from tigoni and naivasha. I brought
17
> buses and called
> > > redcross and informed them of my mission. I had
> meeting with Dr Simiyu
> > > and Abbas Guled and they agreed to prepare the
> ground. After a whole day
> > > travel I got redcross not ready and when they
saw the
> buses is when they
> > > started cutting the mbogas and meat. We handed
over 4
> children whose
> > > mother was admitted to Agha khan with serious
illness
> and redcross took
> > > the children to a police station in Siaya.
> > > Kenyan problem is tribal and not political. We
cannot
> have one tribe
> > > running roughshod and even the religious leaders
from
> Kikuyu preaching
> > > the Kikuyu superiority. We cannot have one tribe
> killing and maiming
> > > Kenyans while claiming there is a genocide
against
> Kikuyus. No Kikuyu
> > > was killed in Kisumu. Infact they were protected
and
> even I have Mwangi,
> > > and Kuria who are my friends living and working
in
> Kisumu even now when
> > > they cant work anywhere else. But Kibaki is
ordering
> NGOs not to serve
> > > non Kikuyus. Kikuyus enjoy greater access to
loans
> and even humanitarian
> > > assistance. Go to Kondele in Kisumu where the
Kikuyu
> IDPs are housed.
> > > You will find that there is a bigger difference
with
> Moi stadium where
> > > redcross dont want to even put basic facilities
> forcing the local
> > > community in Kisumu to house the IDPs at St
Stephens.
> > > kenyans, these theories of Bitange and Wainaina
only
> works for the few
> > > they serve. Bitange was key in selling 51percent
> shares of Telkom Kenya
> > > to the french consortium at 26 Billion Ksh.
Before
> that the government
> > > cleared a debt of 69 billion. if 51% shares were
sold
> at 26 it menas
> > > that Telkom Kenya was just worht 52 Billion. Why
> settle a debt of 69
> > > billion? What is the mathematics here? telkom
Kenya
> was worthless? Shame
> > > on you Bitange. Only people who dont know your
inner
> dealings will

=== message truncated ===

Be a better friend, newshound, and