[kictanet] Media

Monica Kerretts-Makau mkmakau at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 14:49:06 EAT 2008

I trust then that we can leave it in your capable hands to at least ensure
that the task force consider that structure and the format of the questions
and that they reflect international standards in evaluation procedures.

Permit me to reiterate Edith's comments:

“The  four internationally recognized evaluation standards:

1.     Utility - who are the intended users? The evaluation should serve
the     information needs of intended users, who should be defined from the
outset.
2.     Feasibility - it should be realistic, prudent, diplomatic and
frugal.
3.     Propriety - it should be conducted legally, ethically and with due
regard for the welfare of those involved in the evaluation, as well as
those affected by its results.
4.    Accuracy - it will reveal and convey technically adequate
information     about the features that determine the worth or merit of the
subject     being evaluated.

Lastly, the purpose would need to be clear is it? "on improving rather than
on proving, on understanding rather than on reporting, and on creating
knowledge for action/policy change rather than on taking credit/punishing."