[kictanet] Media

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.or.ke
Thu Feb 14 17:28:08 EAT 2008

Dr Ndemo,

The wording of the TOR appears more of "an inquiry into" rather than what
has been the subject of discussion - "evaluation of". Again, the main
purpose of this "something" including how the results will be used need to
be spelt out from the outset. It's not included in the TOR.

An integrated approach to examining the issues, in my view, would be more
helpful than specifically targeting the media per se....as the study would
appear to have pre-empted the findings without allow an objective and
holistic assessment of what occurred taken into consideration what I called
"key boundary partners". Is there room to change the approach?

Edith