[kictanet] Fibre Optic Cables

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Thu Feb 14 14:20:41 EAT 2008

Bwana PS,

While i agree with you that government must facilitate the small
enterprises, i think we must also stretch our government efforts to
grow our established enterprises to become regional and
multinationals. For example, government should challenge such
enterprises with "big government project" which would stretch them to
expand or join forces in consolidation etc.

Generally, we know that SMEs grow economies but in the globalised
era, multinational corporations have become "an extenstion of the
state" and so we must work towards enlarging our coast in that
direction and playing in that space. I see some Kenya businesses that
are at that point and we must move in on them.

Eric here

On 12 Feb 2008, at 17:36, bitange at jambo.co.ke wrote:

> We are working towards that.  We need private sector to push these
> developments.  Government is not good in business.  We can only
> intervene to facilitate especially the small enterprises.
>
> Ndemo
>

> Sent from my BlackBerry®

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary