[kictanet] Is KRA ready for e-commerce

simon wachira swashira at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 16:42:14 EAT 2008

Hi all,
 I feel all the issues raised are of IT in nature of which this forum is part and part of it and this could the same thing happening under our noses in our organisations.Thus we may need to audit ourselves very critically if we are to outsource for Multinationals.

 Remember,every time you need to communicate by which ever means,telephone,e-mail,one on one,there is a level of tolerance one is willing to accept due to;
 -How impotant is the call,email?
 -Availability of substitute
 -Time available
 -Previous experience
 -Human behaviour-soft skill

 Hence its upon us to shape the industry the to future we want it be.

 Rgds
 Simon

robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Hi,

I previously raised the issue of KRA's Lnad Rent Checker which does not work, still doesn't, this time I went to the KRA site to try and raise a complete so I clicked on the e-mail address of the staff responsible contact address is displayed as Fidelis.Mulei at kra.go.ke but when the mail was sent the e-mail address was Andrew.Okello at kra.go.ke.

That should be fine, but the mail bounces with a recipient unknown message.

I think KRA needs to apply their diligence in collecting taxes to maintaining their web site.  Imagine if you mailed your tax return on the date of the deadline, I am a Kenyan so do not held this against me, just to realise the following morning that the e-mail address that KRA advertised in the press was actually the wrong one.

This message was sent to: swashira at yahoo.co.uk