[kictanet] Small Medium Enterprise Symposium-March 22,2008

Jose' ngunjirijnr at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 13:42:16 EAT 2008

                Small Medium Enterprise symposiums are programs that Kimathi Information Centre offers every year. The participants are introduced on ways that will make their small businesses have sound capability of growing positively by using computers as a tool to catalyze this process. This particular series focuses on emerging businesses with the theme;
  “Emerging People, Emerging Markets, Emerging Technologies”
  Among the key role players that will make this day a success will involve various practitioners who support Small Medium Enterprise they include;

   Kenya  Youth Business Trust(KYBT)

   Equity  Bank

   Ministry  Of Youth

   Ministry  Of Information and Technology

   Computers  For Schools Kenya

   Mentors

   Business  consultants.

  Small Medium Enterprise businesses lack an important growth ingredient which is lack of mentorship and exposure to business people, markets and technologies. This symposium acts as a catalyst to bring about sustainability in their business model.

 During the morning session, we shall have the opening remarks by Mr. Tom Musili who is the Executive Director of Computer For Schools Kenya then later on, we shall have three role players pick up topics that will go around;

   How  to write business plans

   Business  ethics and importance of networking

   The  role of mentors.

In the afternoon session, we shall have the mentorship clinic plus the exhibition whereby, the participants will have a chance to mingle with professional mentors from all walks of specialization. This will also bring alive the theme where entrepreneurs will emerge with new partnerships, get to network plus embrace new technologies that revolve around computers.
We call for your participation that will make the Small Medium Enterprise (SME) breakthrough. Having your participation in the mentorship tent will go along way in support to Emerging enterprise.