[kictanet] Kenya ICT Board launches Public Panels (1 attachment)

MediaSpeak Africa mesafric at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:08:08 EAT 2008

I regret that I was out of town on urgent business and missed the luncheon.
This is definitely an excellent strategy by the ICT Board of bringing in
stakeholders and other interested parties to contribute to the development
of the sub sector in the country.

Am sure the public panels will be comprised of like minded groups and
individuals and, as you say, we are in safe hands.

Stephen Ndegwa

On 02/02/2008, Al Kags <alkags at alkags.com> wrote:

> The Kenya ICT Board yesterday launched the ICT Public Panels, which
> are special stakeholder forums that are designed to enable the private
> sector to collaborate with the government through the board to develop
> Kenya's ICT agenda.
>
> Speaking at the Kenya ICT Federation's "State of the Industry"
> luncheon, the CEO of the Kenya ICT Board, Mr. Paul Kukubo flanked by
> his two deputy CEOs, Mr. Victor Kyalo (Infrastructure and Programmes)
> and Ms. Eunice M. Kariuki (Marketing), presented the board's overall
> strategy, which is now being finalised. [Download it here:
> http://tinyurl.com/3cvmfo]
>
> They invited the wider ICT industry to participate in the validation
> of the board's strategy, which was presented as well as to contribute
> to the development of the ICT agenda through the Public Panels.
>
> "We feel that the work that we do can only really be productive if we
> adopt a policy of inclusion and ensure that we carry everyone along,"
> said Paul Kukubo in his presentation. "We want to urge the public
> through the industry sector groups to participate as keenly in our
> work."
>
> Essentially the Public Panels will be co-convened by industry sector
> groups, such as the Kenya ICT Federation, the Kenya Business Process
> Outsourcing and Contact Centre Society (KBPOCC) and others and the
> board will facilitate their working sessions. The anticipated output
> of the panels includes policy recommendations, white papers, position
> papers and actual draft project proposals.
>
> The Chairman of the Kenya ICT Federation congratulated the board on
> the presentation of the strategy saying that it was clear that quite a
> lot of work had gone into its development. He said that it was a
> breath of fresh air to see the depth and breadth with which the board
> was working.
>
> "Clearly we are in good hands."
>
> DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION: http://tinyurl.com/3cvmfo
> ALT DOWLOAD PRESENTATION: http://tinyurl.com/25rnqo