[kictanet] KCA Ammendment, moving forward

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 08:58:02 EAT 2008

Harry,

I concur...its time make hard decisions...so, in terms of moving on, this is
what I have in mind...I could be wrong...

1. For ICT Businesses, we cannot be seen seeking public opinion on the
streets. We must therefore engage activists who understand our plight and
can be able to separate our interests in this tower of babel. I would
recommend Kictanet or its members to find ways of engaging Harun Ndubi and
others with immediate effect...to be our voice in the public domain.

2. People in responsible positions don't only resign when they have made
mistatakes, but sometimes, to give space for new ways of doing things and
temporary relief. In any other country, sometimes, when things get out of
hand, some people opt to take the heat to protect those who might be
implicated unfairly. But I will rest this point since its not in our culture
of doing things.

3. We probably need a round-table to mediate this issue before the public
court makes decisions for us. Last time we conducted a poll in this list,
James Rege emerged as a voice that was trusted by 90% of the members of this
list. Further, he is now in-charge of the Committee handling this issue in
Bunge. I would suggest that he is requested and financed to get the
stakeholders in a 'War Room'. We should have ICT, Media, Courier, Govt,
Civil Society and any other stakeholders represented. Less than ten guys and
when they come out, we embrace the consensus they will have reached. It
should be supported by all of us concerned.

The position the round-table adopts can then be passed to the President as
our negotiated agreement on what we would wish to see him do.

Bill