[kictanet] Sad day for Press and hackers?

Jotham Kilimo jokilimo at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 17:39:35 EAT 2008

Walu,

You are fortunate to have access to the draft bill (even if an older version) to verify the clauses. How many Kenyans are that fortunate? Most Kenyans are relying on the media to tell them what the clauses are. But what the media is doing is give its own biased interpretations of the clauses thus obscuring objectivity.

If the media was impartial as they claim they are (part of the requirements of the Bill is that they give both sides of a story - a good thing, in my view), why can't they publish the Bill entirely as they did with the Waki Report so that Kenyans can decide for themselves whether the laws are draconian or otherwise; whether it is a sad day for the Press or a happy day for the public?

Jotham K. Mwale